aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] Dovzhenko diaries

Dear Ukrainianist,

There are by now various editions the diaries of Oleksandr Dovzhenko in the original Ukrainian. Apparently the most recent edition is called _Hospody, poshly meni syly_  (Kharkiv, 1994). Since at the moment I cannot compare the various editions, I will appreciate any feedback on the question of which edition is the "best," that is, the most extensive and/or the most reliable.

Also, is it true that the full text is still unpublished, and that the original diaries are under lock and key at RGALI, the Russian State Archive of Literature and Art? If so, what may explain this?

Karel Berkhoff

and maintained by BRAMA, Inc.