The semi-annual AAUS business meeting was held at the ASN Annual Convention in New York on Saturday, April 20, 2013. At the meeting, two AAUS prizes were announced. For the first time in our association’s history, the same scholar was awarded the Book and Article Prizes in the same year. Prof. Oxana Shevel of Tufts University was recognized for her book, Migration, Refugee Policy, and State Building in Postcommunist Europe (Cambridge University Press, 2011) and her article “The Politics of Memory in a Divided Society: A Comparison of Post-Franco Spain and Post-Soviet Ukraine” (Slavic Review, Spring 2011). The award of the Translation Prize has been postponed due to an insufficient number of submissions. Submissions of book-length translations from Ukrainian and English are strongly encouraged; please direct all inquiries regarding this to the Translation Prize Committee.
- AAUS election results: new leadership for 2018-2021
- AAUS Prizes for 2016-2017
- Call for submissions: AAUS Article Prize, Book Prize, and Translation Prize, deadline March 1, 2018
- Congratulations to AAUS prize winners for 2015-2016!
- Call for submissions: AAUS Article Prize, Book Prize, and Translation Prize, deadline Feb. 28, 2017