From: "Alexandra Hrycak" <hrycaka@reed.edu>
To: <aaus-list@ukrainianstudies.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:16 AM
Subject: [aaus-list] RFE/RL news report query

Dear colleagues,

Can anyone help me by telling me where RFE/RL newsline report have been
collected for 1989-2009 for large volume searches and downloads?

I am researching protest events in Ukraine, and it appears that using
the Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) website requires individual
cut and paste methods for downloading each article; the search engine is
also very primitive.  Is there anyone out there who can tell me whether
the RFE/RL news reports are available via a searchable data base that
allows larger volume searches and downloads of articles, e.g., something
like Lexis Nexis? I checked Lexis Nexis and Academic Search Premier and
they don't appear to cover RFE/RL. I am finding using the RFE/RL website
search engine somewhat cumbersome for the volume of stories I need to
cover.  I have tried to contact RFE/RL to find out an answer to my
question, but have received no reply.

-- Thank you in advance, Alexandra

**************************

Alexandra Hrycak