aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] Russian to become "regional"language in all oblasts ofUkraine

Here is a related article on the politics of subtitling movies in Ukraine.
 It can be read in either Ukrainian or Russian (choose your language on
top) and is illuminating.  One of the issues it raises is the issue of how
tricky it is to talk about freedom in the context of economic pressures.
It's worth a look whether you are undecided on the subject, or if you are
decided.

Nadia

 http://obkom.net.ua/articles/2010-06/09.1503.shtml