aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] Living Ukrainian Cultural Icons according to the UK'sGuardian

"Country profile: Ukraine

Facts and statistics on Ukraine including history, population, politics,
geography, economy, religion and climate

Living national icons: Eugene Hutz (singer and actor), Milla Jovovich
(model and actor), Andriy Shevchenko (football), Artur Ayvazian (rifle
shooting), Vitali Klitschko (boxer)

..."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/country-profile/ukraine

I guess that we'll soon be singing "Start Wearing Purple" (Hutz);
looking for the Fifth Element - "Me fifth element - supreme being. Me
protect you." (Jovovich); and wondering how to have Silvio Berlusconi for
a Godfather (Shevchenko).

As for the rifleman and the boxer, add your own quips.

You'd think that the braided lady/hazova prytsesa and the beekeeper would
make it as cultural icons.

In the words of Volodymyr Palahniuk (Jack Palance), "... believe it,
... or not."

Vanya Z. Dorohy
pyz@brama.com

p.s. If the wit is too dense, explanations provided upon request.