aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- Re: [aaus-list] "American" pro-Russian anti-NATO inst. in Ukr.

With regard to James George Jatras (mentioned in the article), see:

http://www.opensecrets.org/revolving/rev_summary.php?id=25186

Jatras has taken pro-Serb, anti-Kosovar stands in the past and
presents as a chauvinist Orthodox (to the point of Orthodox
jingoism). Has anyone dealt with him while he was on the Hill?

The increasing collaboration of right-wing GOP consultants with
pro-Russian interests in Ukraine continues to puzzle me. I would
think that the neo-cons and other right-wingers would want Ukraine as
a buffer state to a resurgent RF. (I don't know if I'm making the
right connection here with Jatras, though.) Anyone out there working
on this? Does anyone know if GOP operatives were involved with anyone
in Ukraine before they worked on the Yanukovych campaign?

--RDL