aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] Request from the AAUS executive board regarding use ofthe list

Dear colleagues,

I have received quite a few complaints regarding recent posts. I would
like to remind you that the purpose of this list serve is Ukrainian
Studies, loosely defined as the academic study of  Ukraine and its
relationship to neighboring countries, including countries of the former
Soviet Union.

We recognize that current events may be relevant to Ukrainian Studies
and that you may wish to post not only academic discussions but also
media surveys. Please limit yourself to one or two original posts of
such media surveys per day in which you list all of the media references
at once. Remember quite a few users of this board are subscribed via
their work e-mail address and receive a lot of mail related to work. If
you need to post off topic in order to illustrate a point then feel free
to do so.

All messages should include the author's full name and institutional
affiliation. We do respect peoples' rights to anonymity, but stating
your name and/or institutional affiliation/address adds credibility to
what you have to say.  If you need to preserve anonymity regarding
information that you feel will potentially harm you, one of the AAUS
executive board members will try to assist you with making the decision
on how to handle your decision regarding publicizing this information.

Observe the guidelines below regarding abusive language and posting
protocol. Doing so will reduce the chances that your postings offend
others. If you post something and feel that the replies are offensive,
do feel free to directly e-mail the poster to get clarification, but
*please don't send your personal interchanges out to the whole list*.

Use the AAUS list to:

Ask and answer questions on Ukrainian studies topics and
discuss matters of interest to you and others related to Ukrainian
studies as an academic discipline

Please refrain from:

Foul or abusive language: all participants, and their opinions, must be
treated with respect.

Attacks on individual people, agencies, or organizations
(A fair and balanced posting that includes is not considered an attack)

Verbally attacking people, agencies, organizations or ethnic-racial groups

Advertising or solicitations of non-academic materials
(if you would like to post a solicitation and you are not sure that it
is relevant to Ukrainian studies, then feel free to contact AAUS's
moderator, Rob Delossa, for approval)

If a person is found to repeatedly violate these guidelines, the
Executive Board will consider revoking the person's posting privileges.

Thank you!

Alexandra

**************************

Alexandra Hrycak