aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] was Andrukhovych nominated for Nobel Prize in 2000?

Hello,

I'm in the process of fact checking a college textbook on Ukraine and
I would like to verify this statement regarding Andrukhovych's
nomination for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2000. If anyone has
any concrete information or can point to a reference, I would greatly
appreciate it.

"Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2000, Yuri
Andrukhovych is arguably the leading prose writer in Ukraine today".

Thanks,
Adriana

Dr. Adriana Helbig
Visiting Professor of Musicology