aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- Re: [aaus-list] Mariana Sadovska concertat Penn State

On January 29th we had a concert-performance of Marjana Sadovska at the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) organized by the REES and Musicology Dept. with the great help of Adriana Helbig.
For one hour and a half Marjana was singing Ukrainian ancient songs.
It was an unforgettable performance!
Memorial Room at Smith Music Hall was packed with people from different departments. We have never seen such a talented professional performance of the songs learned from old women in Ukrainian villages. Her songs of Ivana Kupala celebration just blew people away! She is such a powerful talent!

Volodymyr Chumachenko
UIUC

and maintained by BRAMA, Inc.