aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- Re: [aaus-list] Why is there no organized action against Ginzburg?

Dear Roman and AAUS members:

   Yesterday I asked two key individuals in Ukraine to draft a public
petition, which will, I hope, be posted soon in Ukrainian and English
translation on the Web. Anyone will be able to add his or her
signature to the petition. Prof. Giovanna Brogi, v-p of MAU, has
agreed to bring the petition's existence to the attention of the
presidents of Nac. asociacija ukrajinistiv in Ukraine and of the other
national associations for Ukrainian studies, and will ask them to
forward the link to it to their members. I and, I'm sure, Alexandra
Hrycak or Rob De Lossa will inform the members of CAUS and AAUS
repectively.

   Question to the AAUS executive: could AAUS host the petition on its
Web site?

Roman Senkus

> Some time ago, when a group of Ukrainian historians (Kulchytsky, Shapoval
> etc.) were attacked by MAUP, there was an outcry of support for them by
> fellow scholars in Ukraine and abroad. What I find strange and disconcerting
> is that these same people and their defendants do not raise the same public
> outcry in defence of the Ukrainian archives and against the appointment of
> Ginzburg to the position of Head of National Archives of Ukraine?
>
> Roman Serbyn

_____________________________________

ROMAN SENKUS / POMAH CEHbKYCb
Director, CIUS Publications Program www.utoronto.ca/cius
Managing Editor, www.encyclopediaofukraine.com

Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, Toronto Office
20 Orde St., Room 125
University of Toronto
Toronto, ON
M5T 1N7