aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] National Conference of SUSTA

(Dear members of the American Association of Ukrainian Studies, I'm
passing this letter on behalf of Zenon Tech-Czarny of the Rutgers
Ukrainian Students Club. If you are available to devote your time to
participating in SUSTA's national conference as a keynote speaker or
panelist -- for which I'm sure the students will be grateful -- please
contact Zenon at ztech@eden.rutgers.edu. Thank you. -Diana Howansky)

To Whom It May Concern:

Last year, board members from numerous Ukrainian Student Clubs at
Universities across the country came together for what was to become the
first general meeting of a newly found SUSTA, a national Ukrainian
Student Group which includes Ukrainian clubs from all across the
country. Since that initial meeting last April, we have worked
diligently to put together an organization that will outlive our time as
students at our respective universities.

As many of you know, SUSTA was an organization in the 60s and 70s that
served as the umbrella organization of Ukrainian Clubs in America,
similar to SUSK in Canada. Since that time, the organization fell apart
and little if anything can be found about it. We have taken the
initiative to give Ukrainian students the same opportunities that were
given to our parents when they had SUSTA.

This April, we are planning to hold a national conference consisting of
a wide variety lectures, films and panel discussions relating to
contemporary Ukrainian issues and the role of Ukrainian students. Along
with the conference we will be holding a summit of SUSTA leaders in
order to have elections for the next governing board and to further
expand the organization. We are looking for professors and professionals
to speak at this event as well as partake in the expansion of SUSTA; the
conference will be held at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ the
21st of April and sponsored by the Rutgers Ukrainian Students Club. The
topics of the lectures and panels are not set but we would like to get
an idea of who would be able and willing to make it. The audience would
consist of roughly 150 students from various universities across the nation.

If you would like to participate please contact Rutgers Ukrainian
Student Club at: rusc@eden.rutgers.edu

Or via phone:
Roman Tabatchouk- 1.201.230.6958
Zenon Tech-Czarny- 1.609.240.5227

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

SUSTA and the Rutgers Ukrainian Students Club
--
Diana Howansky
Staff Associate

and maintained by BRAMA, Inc.