Subject: Casting for Ukrainian TV Pilot in NYC. We need your help!
From:    "Impossiblecasting" <impossiblecast@verizon.net>
Date:    Fri, September 8, 2006 12:42 pm
To:      "Craig Lechner" <impossiblecast@verizon.net>

Privit ,
My name is Matthew Wulf, Casting Associate with Impossible Casting. We are
shooting a Ukrainian Crime Drama and we would love the help of the entire
Ukrainian Community in New York City. Below is a list of the principals
for the pilot, but we also need tons of Ukrainians for smaller parts and
background work. These are paying roles. We especially need, strong, older
men, gangster types.  We want Real Actors with solid acting experience,
but we also want non-actors, meaning just regular people who may want to
have some part in the project. All they have to do is e-mail a picture.
This film must have that authentic Ukrainian feel and we really appreciate
you getting the word out to as many people as possible. So please forward
this to all the Ukrainians you know!!!!

Also if anyone can give us some leads on finding more Ukrainians, let us
know.

Spasibi,

Matt
Impossible Casting
impossiblecast@verizon.net
212 255 3029
www.impossiblecasting.com

      UKRAINIAN CRIME DRAMA
      Pilot
      SAG MODIFIED LOW BUDGET CONTRACT
      SEEING SAG AND NON-SAG
      PAY: SCALE + 10% (NEGOTIABLE FOR NAME TALENT)

      Casting Director: Impossible Casting
      Shoots: October-November 2006 (2 weeks)
      Location: New York City, NY

      SUBMIT PHOTOS ELECTRONICALLY TO  IMPOSSIBLECAST@VERIZON.NET

      Casting Specs: In this round of casting we are looking for real
Ukrainians only. Many Ukrainians do not consider themselves
Russians. Non-Actors can submit, and real-actors is a plus.

      Synopsis: Drama about high-tech Ukrainian Organized Crime Syndicate
operating in New York City.

      SEEKING:

      [CATHERINE BOUKOVSKY] Female/Ukrainian (Half-Gypsy)/ 7 & 10 (2
Roles)/ Long, Black Curly Hair - Specs: Paralyzed from the waist,
confined to a wheelchair. Secluded and depressed since the death of
her father, left to live with the mother she hates and blames for
his death. She is rude and harsh to all those around her. Catherine
is very intelligent for her age, and speaks with the sophistication
of an adult. She's fluent in Ukrainian and English.
      Note: Role is split between the current 10 y/o Catherine and the 7
y/o, jovial & happy Catherine seen in flashbacks.

      [TATIANA BOUKOVSKY] Female/ Cauc-Ukrainaian (Exotic
Gypsy/Olive-skinned)/ 25-35/ Lean & Athletic Physique - Specs: New
leader of the Ukrainian Criminal Organization. Quiet, withdrawn and
self-controlled, she shows little emotion and speaks in a deep,
throaty voice with heavy Ukrainian accent. Exotically beautiful, but
ruthlessly deadly. After her daughter was accidentally paralyzed,
Tatiana was left with no emotion... nothing to lose.

      [IVAN BOUKOVSKY] Male/ Cauc-Ukrainian / 50's / Tall & Athletic Build
      Specs: Ruthless gangster with no moral or emotional control.
Straightforward and speaks his mind, but can't control his temper.
He can instinctively "read" people simply by looking at them. A
natural leader type that has earned much respect from his followers
by maintaining control in panicked situations, yet also by never
being open to others' opinions. He is genetically strong with an
exhilarating stamina. Was recently betrayed by his wife and brother
in an assassination attempt, yet he managed to survive.

      [MISHA BOUKOVSKY] Male/ Cauc-Ukrainian / 40's / Sturdy, Handsome &
Immaculate (Note: Relatively Short in Stature)
      Specs: Head of daily operations of the Ukrainian Criminal
Organization. Has a dual personality, one is a charming, diplomatic
business man, the other is a short-fused, insecure, control-freak
whose temper can explode at any moment. Misha is obsessively neat
with a weakness for flattery. Ultimately, Misha wishes to not be
involved in organized crime, and wants to legitimize the family
business. After a failed plan to seize control of the family, Misha
currently struggles without complete authority and still in a life
of organized crime.

      [JEFF DAVIS] Male/Cauc-American/30's - Overweight / Obese
      Specs: FBI Agent with the New York Eurasian Organized Crime Unit.
Battles with an eating disorder and fills the void of a personal
life with an obsession with his work. Passive-Aggressive personality
and is often sarcastic and cynical. Still, he possesses a unique
sensitivity and has a intuitive-eye towards human behavior. Very
observant; a "people-watcher." Jeff was abandoned at an early age
which left him in an emotional state of a 6 year old. He still lives
with an emotionally-abusive father that drives his obsessive eating.

[...]

space.gif