aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- Re: [aaus-list] Request for information

Diana,

Please visit HURI's website under
http://www.huri.harvard.edu/Directory/index.html.  I compiled a directory
years ago that lists all that you are seeking.  It probably needs updating
but at least you would have the information from which to contact programs
and to see if their exchange and language programs are still active.

You should also visit the website for less commonly taught languages at
http://www.carla.umn.edu/lctl/db/index.html.  There you may input search
parameters for Ukrainian language instruction at the college or university
level as well as summer school and study abroad programs.  I would suggest
that any new information you find be input to the existing academic
directory on the Institute's website (see
http://www.huri.harvard.edu/Directory/comments.html).  Links could then be
made from Columbia and AAUS websites.

Thanks,
Ksenya

At 02:00 PM 4/7/2006, you wrote:
>Dear AAUS members,
>
>I am writing to ask if individuals on the listserve are able to provide me
>with any of the following information about Ukrainian programs and courses
>at your universities/institutions:
>
>1) U.S. universities that have exchange programs with Ukrainian
>universities (I'm looking for the names of the U.S. university and
>Ukrainian university, plus the date when the program was established and
>the program's field of concentration -- such as literature, history, etc.
>-- if possible;
>
>2) U.S. universities offering Ukrainian courses (the types/names of
>courses would also be helpful).
>
>Many thanks in advance for any information which you can offer, as I
>compile these lists.
>
>Sincerely,
>Diana
>
>--
>Diana Howansky
>Staff Associate
>Ukrainian Studies Program
>Columbia University
>Room 1208, MC3345
>420 W. 118th Street
>New York, NY  10027
>(212) 854-4697
>ukrainianstudies@columbia.edu
>http://www.harrimaninstitute.org/courses/ukrainian_studies_program.html

Ksenya Kiebuzinski, Ph.D.
Jacyk Bibliographer

Ukrainian Research Institute, Harvard University
1583 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA  02138
Tel: 617-496-5891
Fax: 617-495-8097