aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] 2006 membership dues reminder

Dear Colleagues,

As the calendar year 2006 is well upon us, it is my duty as Acting
Secretary-Treasurer of the American Association for Ukrainian Studies to remind
you to please send in your 2006 membership dues. A few of you have already done
so--to those I extend my sincere gratitude. Let me use this opportunity to
remind you that one of the benefits of AAUS membership is the subscription to
_Harvard Ukrainian Studies_. After a hiatus of several years, the journal has
resumed publication, headed by the new editor, Dr. Halyna Hryn, an active
participant in our organization familiar to many of you. The vol. 25, no. 3/4
issue of the journal (with cover date of Fall 2001) was published at the end of
2005 and mailed to all those of you who paid their membership dues in 2004
and/or 2005. A program of aggressive catching up with the schedule is currently
in the works at the journal, so those of you who choose to renew your AAUS
membership in 2006 can expect to receive several issues of the journal in your
mailboxes. Information on submitting membership dues and updating your member
profile can be found at:

http://www.ukrainianstudies.org/membership.htm

Unfortunately we still cannot process online payments, and thus need to ask you
to send in check payments for the dues.

Additionally, in my capacity as the AAUS newsletter editor, I am asking you to
please send in information about Ukrainian studies related news and events of
interest to the AAUS membership, including new publications, conference
presentations, events at your home institutions, and so forth, to be included
in the next issue of _Visnyk_ currently in preparation. It is our hope that the
next issue of _Visnyk_ will be mailed to current members within the next month
(and will then be available online at the AAUS website), therefore I would be
grateful if you send your information for inclusion in this issue as soon as
possible, preferably by e-mail to vchernet@fas.harvard.edu .

On behalf of the AAUS leadership, I would like to invite those of you who plan
to be in the New York area on Saturday, March 25, to attend the next meeting of
the AAUS, which will take place at the annual convention of the Association for
the Study of Nationalities (ASN), at the Harriman Institute, Columbia
University, in New York City, during the lunchtime slot (1:30 to 2:45 p.m.).

In recent years it was at the ASN meeting that the AAUS publication prizes were
usually announced; however, this year the AAUS leadership chose to postpone the
prize announcement until the meeting this fall at the AAASS convention in
Washington, DC. Nevertheless, I urge you to submit nominations (including
self-nominations) for book, article, and translation prizes to the respective
prize committees. Contact information for the prize committees is available at:

http://www.ukrainianstudies.org/organization1.htm

Sincerely,

Vitaly Chernetsky
AAUS Board Member-at-Large & Newsletter Editor
Acting AAUS Secretary-Treasurer

and maintained by BRAMA, Inc.