aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] Appeal from Academicians

NANU appeal.doc

Dear Colleagues,

The MAUP has taken to court academicians
Ja. Jackiv, N. Jakovenko, S. Kul'chyc'kyj, O. Majboroda,
M. Popovych and Ju. Shapoval for their role in leading the protest
against antisemitism and xenophobia.  (Please recall that I wrote to
this list
requesting colleagues in the West to sign their letter of protest.)

The MAUP argues that the protest letter was harmful to the reputation
of the
MAUP. A brief report about the court case appears at
http://5tv.com.ua/newsline/184/0/20564/

With your indulgence, I am attaching an appeal from the colleagues
who are being taken to court.  They need our support.

Sincerely,
Natalia Pylypiuk

Dr. Natalia Pylypiuk, Associate Professor
Modern Languages and Cultural Studies  http://www.mlcs.ca
200 Arts, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T6G 2E6
voice mail: (780) 492-3498

Canadian Association of Slavists
http://www.ualberta.ca/~csp/cas

and maintained by BRAMA, Inc.