Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:17:26 -0500
From: Sibelan E S Forrester <sforres1@SWARTHMORE.EDU>
To: SEELANGS@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] CFP: 2006 Mid-Atlantic Slavic Conference

Reminder:

Slavists are invited to submit proposals for individual papers or complete
panels for the 29th annual meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Slavic Conference of the
AAASS. This year the conference will be hosted by Fordham University at its
Lincoln Center campus in New York City on Saturday, April 1, 2006. Panels and
papers are welcome on any aspect of Slavic and East European Studies. Proposals
should include the paper's title, a brief abstract, and any requests for
technical support such as VCR, projector, or overhead projector. The deadline
for proposals is DECEMBER 20, 2005.

We particularly encourage graduate students to participate in the conference,
which is characterized by a warm atmosphere and friendly discussion. The MASC
makes a juried award of $200 every year for the best graduate paper presented
at the conference. The winning paper is then entered in the national AAASS
competition, where rewards are more significant.

Please send proposals by e-mail to Dr. Mary Theis at <j.blomberg@verizon.net>
or, in hard copy:

Dr. Mary Theis
MASC Executive Secretary
503 Friendship Drive
Fleetwood, PA  19522

In either case, include *both* e-mail and surface addresses so that we can
confirm receipt of your proposals and send you registration materials and the
preliminary program in February of 2006. For more information, please contact
Mary Theis at <j.blomberg@verizon.net>.

We look forward to seeing you in New York City next spring!

-- for the MASC Executive Board