aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] Neborak's the flying head translation released

The 304-page hardcover bilingual edition of Viktor Neborak's "The
Flying Head and Other Poems" has just been published in a limited
hardback edition by Sribne Slovo Publishers of Lviv Polytechnic
University. The book contains Michael Naydan's translation of "The
Flying Head" as well as several other translations into English from
"Alter Ego" by Virlana Tkacz and Wanda Phipps, Jars Balan, Mark
Andryczyk, and Yaryna Yakubyak. Additionally, the book has a guest
introduction by Yuri Andrukhovych, a conventional and an
unconventional introduction by Michael Naydan, and an author's note
by Viktor Neborak. The book's color front and back covers and six
pages of color illustrations are by Lviv artist Yurko Kokh. Olha
Luchuk of Lviv served as editor for the volume.

I currently have a small number of copies available for $20 (in US
dollars) plus shipping costs for individual or library purchase.
Contact me if you'd like to order a copy.

I am also in the process of inviting Viktor Neborak to come to the US
for a small reading tour for the end of September and early October.
Contact me if you have an interest in inviting Viktor to do any
readings. As a result of new visa regulations, we would need to set
up his reading tour in advance and would need letters of invitation
from organizations wishing to invite him. Viktor will be doing a
presentation in Kyiv with Virlana Tkacz and Olha Luchuk on June 14
and another book presentation at the World Association of Ukrainian
Studies meeting in Donetsk.

--
Professor Michael M. Naydan
Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures