aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] [Fwd: [EurasiaHealth] UPDATE - 'NEW CHARITABLE PROJECT"FROM

Subject: [EurasiaHealth] UPDATE  -  'NEW CHARITABLE PROJECT "FROM HOSPITAL
TO HOSPITAL" From:    "Richard Custer" <rcuster@mindspring.com>
Date:    Wed, May 25, 2005 10:59 am
To:      "EurasiaHealth" <EurasiaHealth@mail.eurasiahealth.org>

From: UMANANEWS@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:11 AM

UKRAINIAN FIRST LADY ASKS BRITISH PRINCE MICHAEL AND
     DIPLOMATS TO SUPPORT INTERNATIONAL SPONSOR PROGRAM:
                                   'FROM HOSPITAL TO HOSPITAL'
                 Finding steady partners, sponsors for Ukrainian hospitals
                   in West European countries, in the USA and elsewhere.

TV News Reporter Lesya Sakada-Ostrovska
One Plus One TV, Kiev, in Ukrainian 1630 gmt 24 May 05
BBC Monitoring Service, UK, in English, Tue, May 24, 2005

KYIV - [Presenter] Kateryna Yushchenko has decided for herself how the
first lady can benefit Ukraine - in healthcare. The first lady has become
the head of the Ukraine-3000 charity fund and presented its programme
called "From Hospital to Hospital".

There is not enough money for medicine in the state budget, so the fund
will look for sponsors abroad for Ukrainian hospitals. Lesya
Sakada-Ostrovska continues.

[Correspondent] A new charity project of the Ukraine-3000 fund, called
"From Hospital to Hospital", was presented at the art museum of the famous
Khanenkos patrons of arts on purpose. British Prince Michael of Kent, who
is a cousin of Queen Elizabeth, was present at the presentation. Kateryna
Yushchenko turned to the royal guest and diplomatic representatives,
asking them for assistance to Ukrainian medicine.

She noted that the state of healthcare in Ukraine is below European
standards, and emphasized that, according to statistics, one in every
three Ukrainians has health problems.

[Kateryna Yushchenko, in English, overlaid with Ukrainian translation] In
the next month we shall create a database of urgent needs, and we shall
look abroad for potential partners for Ukrainian medical institutions. I
call on you to assist us in finding medical institutions ready for
partnership in your countries and, if possible, to make contributions to
this programme's budget for the next five years. A healthy and flourishing
Ukraine is in the world community's interest.

[Correspondent] The Prince of Kent expressed a hope that a modern centre
for treating burns will be founded in Ukraine with British help.

[Michael of Kent in English, overlaid with Ukrainian translation] I am
involved in this programme in the UK. We pay special attention to children
with serious burns. This programme already works in the USA, the UK and
Russia. It would be logical to create a similar centre also in Ukraine as
the next step.  [Passage omitted: US sponsors, Swiss assistance]

BBC Monitoring Service, UK, in English, Tue, May 24, 2005

[...]

and maintained by BRAMA, Inc.