aaus-list @ ukrainianstudies.org -- [aaus-list] ICCEES World Congress 2005

Title: ICCEES World Congress 2005
[From Myroslava Znayenko. Note that the preliminary program is found at http://www.iccees2005.de --RD]

ICCEES 05

VII ICCEES WORLD CONGRESS IN BERLIN 25 ­ 30 JULY 2005 "EUROPE ­ OUR COMMON HOME?"
PROVISIONAL PROGRAMME, REGISTRATION, ACCOMMODATION
Dear Sirs and Mesdames, it is a great honour for the German Association for East European Studies (DGO) to be asked by the ICCEES Executive Committee to organise the VII World Congress in Berlin. After the congress in Garmisch-Patenkirchen 1980, it is the second time that the ICCEES World Congress takes place in Germany. The DGO is very pleased about this, and we hope that we were successful in our efforts to offer all participants an interesting and pretentious programme as well as an exciting frame programme. The congress venue for the VII World Congress will be the Humboldt University, located in the Eastern part and heart of the City. The opening ceremony will be held at the congress hall Haus der Kulturen der Welt, close to the Brandenburger Gate, and the closing ceremony will take place at the Humboldt University. For the social programme the embassies and cultural institutes in Berlin have been asked to engage in the subject of the World Congress. Information on this will be provided on the ICCEES website by March 2005 (www.iccees2005.de). At it's meeting at the European Academy in Berlin on 23 - 25 April 2004, the Programme Committee agreed on the provisional programme for the congress. This is subject to amendment, and some additions will be made in fields where the Committee considers being gaps. The official languages of the Congress will be English, French, German and Russian. All parts of the programme must be in one of these languages. The congress organisation will not provide translation, except for the opening and closing ceremonies. Here simultaneous translation between English, Russian and German will be available. The administrative language is English. This newsletter contains the programme as well as information on registration, accommodation, excursions, and the city of Berlin. As the capital of Germany, Berlin can easily bee reached by flight, train and bus. We would like to invite all interested persons to come to Berlin to attend and participate in this exciting event. In addition to the academic programme there will be a varied social programme and excursions to cities in Eastern Germany. The DGO is looking forward to welcoming you in Berlin and we hope that the information about the VII World Congress will spread around so that we may welcome over 2000 participants in Berlin next year. Yours sincerely Prof. Dr. Thomas Bremer Chairman of the IPC Dr. Heike Dörrenbächer Local organiser of the DGO The organiser of ICCEES 2005 will be "Weltkongress 2005 e. V.". The local host of the congress will be the German Association for East European Studies (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Osteuropakunde, DGO). Information on accommodation, the exhibition, registration, and tours is to be found at the end of this newsletter. Additional queries should be addressed to: CTW Congress Organisation Thomas Wiese GmbH Hohenzollerndamm 125, D-14199 Berlin Phone: +49 (0)30 - 85 99 62-0 Fax: +49 (0)30 - 85 07 98 26 E-mail: info@iccees2005.de Website: www.iccees2005.de